Winter Break: Drills for Skills (Age 9-12 year olds) 3& 4 Youth Basketball
Accelerate’s Drills For Skills introduces players’ brains to efficiency movement patterns while overloading the brain to mimic game movement patterns. This is an intermediate-level development program for 9-12-year-old boys and girls that will introduce players to court geography, spatial awareness and ball handling concepts appropriate for middle school-level competition.
Program Description:Throughout the year, we offer small group intensives to focus on the fundamentals!Drills for Skills is designed to tap into your child’s limitations as a player and improve them. Our basketball group training environment will provide a competitive format to challenge your son or daughter to step outside their comfort zone and realize that is how they will improve! We use the same philosophy applied in Stephen Curry and other NBA players training and scale it to train our kids.Accelerate Basketball Training is open! Stay connected to make sure you don’t miss a workout.This program teaches advanced ball handling skills using overload and contrast techniques in order to prepare players for higher levels of basketball. Also, players will shoot high volume repetitions at game speed while learning proper footwork to create space. These workouts will emphasize players being able to create their own shot. Drills for Skills is modeled after our varsity premier program, Drills for Skills is a program used to help develop athletes further along in our Accelerate Training Program!Note to 3rd-grade parents: If your son or daughter would benefit from a 9′ high basket instead of a 10′ high basket, we encourage them to play in one of the Young Stars programs. It is more beneficial to learn proper form than it is to enforce bad habits.
Winter Break: Drills for Skills(PLEASE NOTE THE LAST DAY OF THE SESSION)
Days & Times:
- Wednesday, December 26 at 11:00 am
- Thursday, December 27 at 11:00 am
- Friday, December 28 at 11:00 am
- Saturday, December 29 at 11:00 am
- Sunday, December 30 at 11:00 am
- Monday, December 31 at 11:00 am
- Instruction in various shooting and ball handling footwork
- Fast-paced stations with a specific focus on shooting, ball handling, IQ, speed, and agility
- Working with footwork ladders, speed boxes and agility hurdles to improve quickness, speed and muscle memory
- Layered program outline designed to progress players from foundational to advanced levels of development in all areas of the game.
|Location: Accelerate Training Facility|
|Skill Level: Intermediate|
|Type of Training: Group Training, Small Group|
|Age Groups: 3rd Grade, 4th-5th Grade, 6th Grade,|